ENVIRONMENTAL PROTECTION ACT 1990 (EPA)
The Health and Safety at Work Act (HASWA) is basically concerned with the protection of workers and anyone affected by work activities. There is an obvious link between these aims and the need for general environmental protection, in many cases there is an overlap.
Gaskell Group Ltd understands the need to prevent pollution of the environment and strives to minimise any adverse environmental effects caused as a direct result of its activities, products and internal services.
Our Environmental Policy sets out Gaskell Group’s Ltd aims for meeting with legislative and regulatory requirements for conservation of the environment.
Gaskell Group Ltd will manage its activities in line with the EPA, adopting the Best Available Technique Not Entailing Excessive Cost (BATNEEC) principal to:
- Identify risks of pollution arising from company activities, products or services.
- Manage identified risks to either eliminate or control these in accordance with EPA requirements.
- Reduce to a minimum unnecessary use of materials, resources, waste and energy wherever possible.
- Implement a ‘Green’ culture within the organisation to promote a better understanding of recycling and correct disposal of waste products in line with the WEEE directive.
- Provide suitable and appropriate information and/or training to employees in order to ensure an understanding of environmental issues and support of this policy.
- Ensure all contractors are aware of our policy and meet the requirements of it.